ALL LAZYBROOK BLOCK CAPTAINS:
PLEASE PLAN ON ATTENDING A LAZYBROOK CIVIC CLUB HOSTED DINNER
FOR OUR BLOCK CAPTAINS AND EXECUTIVE BOARD AT KOJAK’S:
January 12th, 6PM
832 659 4277
Our club would like to thank you for being a Block Captain again in 2011. If you can fill a vacancy noted below please call me and attend the dinner. If you are on the list please send me your current email addresses.
There is now a Block Captain Committee, which you are on, with Ilya Martinalbo as Chairperson. This new committee will help in several areas but primarily membership issues. Please come and meet Ilya, as well as, your Lazybrook Civic Club (LCC) Executive Board. We will need a bit of your time to discuss the role of the Block Captain, as you see it, in our neighborhood and firm up the responsibilities.
POSSIBLE duties we will discuss – all subject to majority rule at the January 12th Meeting/Dinner.
Our plan is for 90% of these volunteer position duties to be completed via emails to your block with the exception of the 6 meetings (One dinner and five Lazybrook Civic Club meetings)
- Attend a Block Captain’s thank you dinner hosted by LCC for the Block Captains at Kojak’s in January of each year to get input from the Block Captains on any needed changes to duties.
- Help the Committee Chair organize these ideas into a Block Captain volunteer position. (possible are – put out the NEW Lazybrook Civic Club Meeting Sign in your yard one week before each meeting, note when a new neighbor moves in you so you can call Jo Crawford with the address so she can deliver a welcome packet; put out the Membership Drive signs once yearly in their yards to start our membership drive, brainstorm ideas with Membership Committee Chairperson and BCs on how to collect 100% dues for your block, let the Block Captain Committee Chair know in Oct to see if all will continue into the next year, organize or promote attendance at one of our National Night Out events and let the Committee Chair know you had one and send info to the newsletter.
- Attend the 5 LCC meetings each year to stay informed on the Lazybrook Civic Club happenings and VOTE on how we spend our funds.
- Allow publishing of your name in the newsletter with email and phone contact information.
- Place a new small sign “Block Captain” in your window to notify our neighbors.
Once again – if you prefer not to be a Block Captain, please do us the courtesy of calling me and letting me know Shane Davis LCC President 832 659 4277 or drop a note in my door 2111 Lazybrook Drive OR email me We also have some slots to fill – call me if you can fill these for our community.