The Lazybrook Garden Club and Lazybrook Civic Club will be holding a Spring Work Day on Sunday April 14th. The Garden Club has decided to spend the work day revitalizing “Roberta’s Butterfly Garden” (This is the area around the bench across from Lazybrook Drive at W TC Jester along the bayou – Approx 2200 West TC Jester) , painting the phone box at Millwood and TC Jester, and doing a general cleanup of the park along West TC Jester.
After the drought last year the area known as “Roberta’s Butterfly Garden” located at the intersection of West TC Jester and Lazybrook Dr has lost many of the planted bushes and flowers that gave the area its name. With the early spring rains many of the more invasive plants have begun to take over this once beautiful area.
The garden club is asking for volunteers to assist in re-planting the area starting from 8:30 AM until mid-day. Anyone who is interested in volunteering please stop by. If you have any extra gardening, planting tools and supplies, please bring them with you. Also if you have any extra plants, seedlings or seeds you would like to donate to this effort we are happy to plant them for you in this area. We ask that you please bring them by as early as possible on the work day. We have a few already but would love to have more.
For those that are planning to volunteer below are a few reminders:
- Please be sure to bring any PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) including: Gloves, safety glasses, ear protection
- Dress appropriately – Although it will probably be sunny – long pants or at least tall socks are recommended. Quite a few thorn bushes.
- Sunscreen, bug spray and a hat are recommended.
- Stay Hydrated -The team will have some water for all; but it is recommended to bring extra.
- Tools – If you have any hand tools (Shovels, rakes, etc) or gas powered tools (Trimmers, etc) you are encouraged to bring them
- Seeds, Seedlings, and plants – If you are looking to thin out or donate any plats please bring them as early as possible.