Citizens on Patrol Hours Logged
- April 2010 – 53.75
- May 2010 – 54
I appreciate the continued support of our patrollers and the interest from new patrollers that have completed the training course. Thank you very much for keeping a watchful eye on the neighborhood.
Crime in the Neighborhood
5/4 Burglary 1800 block of Willowby
5/27 Burglary from 2 vehicles 1800 block of Widdicomb
6/12 Burglary 2200 block of Brooktree
6/13 Theft 2000 block of Millwood
Please call HPD to report all crimes and get a case number, this is how we are assigned manpower from HPD.
HPD Dispatch 713-884-3131
The latest crime statistics are posted on the web at: http://mycity.houstontx.gov/crime/
Burglary Prevention Tips from HPD
- Know who belongs in your neighborhood.
- Report suspicious persons immediately.
- Be alert in protecting not only your home but your neighbors as well.
- Don’t tell a stranger that your neighbor is not at home or volunteer any personal information about your neighbor.
- Never leave notes on your door that reveal that your home is not occupied.
- Join a neighborhood watch group.
- Help keep your neighborhood clean.
- Acknowledge all callers through locked doors.
- Keep doors, windows and garage doors closed and locked even when at home.
- Draw all curtains or shades at night to prevent viewing from the street.
- Never leave a house key in an obvious place such as a mailbox, under plants, or a doormat.
Citizens on Patrol
Since we are experiencing a rise in criminal activity we are in need of more neighbors actively patrolling our streets to help curb this trend. I urge everyone to contact me so that I can schedule a COP training class for you. Just a few minutes a week can really make a big difference in keeping Lazybrook safe. Patrolling is as easy as driving or riding a bike through the neighborhood with a cell phone and calling in any suspicious persons or activities. We will train you, the hours are flexible to fit any schedule, and you are reimbursed for the cost of gas. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know if you are interested.
Lazybrook Email Network
We have over 315 neighbors signed up to receive email updates. If you are not currently receiving the email you can join by emailing: email@example.com
If you change your email address please drop me a line so I can make the change and keep the list current.