- Sponsored by: State Rep. Sarah Davis, the Timbergrove Manor Civic Club, the SN14 Council
- When: Wednesday, May 21st, 6:00 pm
- Where: Kojak’s Café, 1912 W. 18th Street
- Who: Rep. Davis; representatives from Southwaste Disposal; homeowners, business owners, and other interested parties from the neighborhoods surrounding the Southwaste Disposal site.
- Why: Southwaste Disposal is a waste treatment facility that processes liquid restaurant waste as well as sewage from Porto-Cans used at Harris County toll booths. Southwaste has filed an application to expand their current operations by 40%. Because unpleasant odors from the existing facility have been a long-term issue with neighbors, Southwaste is proposing an odor abatement plan for the expanded business. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss that plan.
(Kojak’s is kindly offering us this space free of charge. Please consider purchasing a food or beverage item while you are there.)